The print function works fine but I can't scan. I get the following error. I also tried image capture from my mac and i get the same error.
Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:
- Scanner is turned off.
- (If using Wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from Wired LAN.
- (If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.
- Network connection is prohibited by security software.
- Different scanner on the network is selected.
Helpful info from Canon:
If the printer is being used via USB, check to make sure that the printer is connected directly to your computer. Avoid using any USB hubs or extension devices for the connection.
If the printer is being used wirelessly, please perform the following to register your scanner to work wirelessly on the Mac:
1. Click the 'Canon IJ Scan Utility' icon on the top of your screen and choose 'Open Settings'. (Located near the clock, looks like an open scanner with an arrow below it.) For newer operating systems, the program may be located in the Canon Utilities listing in Applications.
2. In the next screen, make sure that the network version of the printer is selected rather than 'Do not use'. The network version will have a long set of numbers next to it.
3. Click 'Scan-From-Operation-Panel-Settings'.
4. A new window should appear, make sure that the printer is checked and click OK.
5. Click OK to exit the utility.
Once this is complete, perform the following:
1. Open the Application folder.
2. Open Canon Utilities.
3. Open the MP Navigator.
4. Once open, click the 'Settings/Preferences' button at the bottom.
5. In the 'Product Name' dropdown menu, select the Network Scanner.
6. Click OK at the bottom.
Once complete, attempt to scan from the MP Navigator.
This might also help:
Bay Area - CA
~R5 C (220.127.116.11) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100~400, +Canon Control Ring~6D2 (v1.1.1) Retiring ~EF Trinity, others ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10/11 Pro ~EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~Pixel6 ~CarePaks Are Worth It
I am having the same problem with the MG7130. It's ridiculous that I can print but I can't scan. The Canon IJ Scan Utility won't even open. I just get an error message that the app doesn't see a scanner. What's the point in buying an all-in-one-printer if Canon can't make it actually function.