cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG6220 wierd zooming/cropping printing problem, only when printing with Windows XP?

rschissler
Apprentice

screencapture.JPG

scanofdoc.JPG

The printer in question is a Canon Pixma MG6220, connected to a WindowsXP printer.  I've printed this same document on a Brother laser printer, that is connected to the same computer, and it prints correctly.  I've printed this same document on a Epson inkjet printer, and it prints correctly.  I've printed this same document at Staples, on one of their big laser printers, and it prints correctly.  So, this printing problem is only occurring with this Canon printer. One other thing that may help you with this, is that last night I moved this Canon printer to another computer, except this one had Windows 7 on it, and it printed flawlessly!  So, it seems that it may have something to do with Windows XP printer driver. 

I'm printing a one page document from Word 2002 which consists of about 10 pictures, no text.  All the pictures on the page are the same height but a different width.  When I print the document, some of the pictures print correctly and some of them do not.

Essentially, what is happening is that some pictures are zoomed in about 50%, yet still print in the same area that is set in the document.  So, the image looks like it has been rudely cropped.

The oddest thing is that this only happens to some of the pictures.  There is nothing special about these pictures.  The pictures that print correctly are from the same source as the ones that don't print correctly. I’ve done other Word documents like this, with the same format but different pictures, and they printed wrong too, some pictures correct and some zoomed/cropped.

Here is a summary of the pictures from the files I attached,  and which ones  printed correctly, and which did not:  The first one is a screen capture of the Word document, and the other is a scan of the printed document.

Row 1
    Pic 1 – error (zoomed/cropped), Pic 2 – error, Pic 3 – correct, Pic 4 – error

Row 2
    Pic 1 – correct, Pic 2 – correct, Pic 3 – correct

Row 3
    Pic 1 – error, Pic 2 – error, Pic 3 – correct, Pic 4 – error

Row 4
    Pic 1 – error, Pic 2 – error, Pic 3 – correct

One observation of the incorrectly printed pictures, is that the upper left corners appear unaffected.  It is the lower right corners that get the weird zooming/cropping effect.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements