cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG5320 Just stopped working/powering on for no apparent reason.

smoralesdesigns
Contributor

Turned on printer, went to pc to print a single page document, as soon as I hit print and the little dialog box that popped up to show me the current status and ink came up, the printer turned off and the pc told me the printer was offline. I went to turn it on but to no avail. Tried switching outlets, removing cord for 10 minutes, switching usb cable switch power cable. It just gave up on me, and I have barely printed from this thing. I also have TONS of ink lying around that I purchased in anticipation of this thing running at least another year or two as I have taken very good care of it.

3 REPLIES 3

smoralesdesigns
Contributor
Can I expect any support from Canon for this?

Hi, smoralesdesigns!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. While we have forwarded your post to a technician, if this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team directly is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Ramona
Authority

Hi smoralesdesigns,

If you have already ensured that the power cord is securely plugged into the back of the unit, as well as have plugged the printer directly into several wall outlets and have reset the printer and it still will not power on, the printer will most likely require servicing; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements