cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG 4250 photo print colorless

Catscratch
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm using the Canon MG4250 with latest Win10 driver (from 22. Jul). When I print a photo with settings to high quality and "normal paper", everything is fine. Nice colors! The only problem here is, that the black ink doesn't persist. I can brush it with my fingers. 

I read, that this is a common problem because when choosing "normal paper" the printer uses the black cartridge instead of the color one...or something like this.

Anyway. When I choose any photo paper (like glossy or premium or whatever) with high quality I can't brush the black color anymore. But then the printing is more colorless. Means less saturation. But not only black but all colors. I got a test picture with CMYK colors. And any of these are more colorless than when choosing "normal paper". 

So my question is, whats the problem here? And how may I print photos on a photo paper? I know that this was working before upgrading to latest driver. A few weeks ago I was still using Win7 with an older Win7 driver. There everything was fine. But now I'm on Win10 and there is no old driver. 

Hopefully it's only a configuration problem. Maybe someone can help.

Thanks a lot and best regards.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements