cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Color ImageCLASS MF8580 c d w problem.

Standeb
Apprentice

Hello,All.

I own and use the multifunction printer at caption. I also use Apple iMac 21Inch table top OS x El Capitan 10.11.3 presently. I previously OS x Yosemity with this printer. Since I updated to El Capital I have been having the following problems:-

1.  Receiving the Error Message, "Filter Failed" and therefore could not print any documents.

2.  Multipurpose tray does not work properly or at all.

I tried by downloading the recommended drivers from Canon today. the printer has worked but I have the following problem:-

3. it is not printing colours correctly. The quality of the print very light and bevell effects are not appearing properly especially with photos and graphics.

I shall be grateful for for any assistance given with a view to a sulution of the above problems.

Thanking you,

Standeb.

2 REPLIES 2

Standeb
Apprentice

Hello All,

I have noted that after 35 views of my thread, no one in the forum has replied thereto. Have I done something wrong?

However I tried downloading the recommended drivers for the machine and it printed and copied. I am now not able to print envelopes. I tried downloading the software and formware but the same cannot be opened on the mac because it has come from an unknown developer which means to me that the same is incompatable was OS X. I note that the Canon Company advertised the same as being compatable with OS X.

I am a bit desperate here as I cannot work and stand to lose business and/or be sued for breach of contract.

I am grateful for any assistance given with a view to solving the problems.

Thanking you.

Standeb

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello Standeb! 

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please http://www.canon.com, and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements