cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use printer

Ken2
Apprentice

Hello,

I just got a PIXMA3220 printer from a friend, without any installation CD (just power and USB cables).

Since my computer does not have bluetooth, I connected it through USB but my computer could not identify it.

Then I went to this website to download the driver, but even if the detection is successfull, it fails during the "try to communicate with printer" step.

I now see the printer in the "Device Management" window, in the "Queue Printers" category, but cannot go further than this.

For information, I use Win10.

Some help would be great !

Have a good day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi Ken2,

If you have any antivirus or firewall programs installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to reinstall the printer.  Sometimes these programs can block the complete installation of the printer.  Once the printer is installed successfully, you can re-enable the protection software.  Please also ensure that you have the USB cable of the printer plugged directly into a rear USB port on your computer, and that the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet, and not into a surge protector.  

If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi Ken2,

If you have any antivirus or firewall programs installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to reinstall the printer.  Sometimes these programs can block the complete installation of the printer.  Once the printer is installed successfully, you can re-enable the protection software.  Please also ensure that you have the USB cable of the printer plugged directly into a rear USB port on your computer, and that the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet, and not into a surge protector.  

If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your reply ! I will try this
Announcements