cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot load MG3620 driver on new laptop - Win 11 ARM Snapdragon

sboku74
Apprentice

Tried multiple times to install drivers by downloading from the website and also from the disk....always says installation failed. Are there new drivers available for this system? I have had the printer for 1 year only and now I cannot use it....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sboku74,

The drivers available for your PIXMA MG3620 from Canon's web site are not compatible with ARM processors.

If you want to use your PIXMA MG3620 via USB with a Windows 11 device running on an ARM-based processor, simply plug your PIXMA MG3620 into an available USB port. A driver will be installed automatically.

If your PIXMA MG3620 is connected to Wi-Fi and you wish to use it wirelessly, please add the printer manually:

1.  Open the Control Panel by holding the Windows key and pressing the letter R. In the Run window, type "control panel" (without quotation marks) and click OK.

2.  Click Devices and Printers.

3  Click Add a Printer.

4.  In the new window that appears, click on your PIXMA MG3600 series printer and then click Next.

A driver will be installed. When this process has finished, click Finish.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below to log into your My Canon account:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Once logged in, click on your product and then click on the Product Support button.  When that page loads, click on either the Phone Support button or the Chat Support button to access support.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sboku74,

The drivers available for your PIXMA MG3620 from Canon's web site are not compatible with ARM processors.

If you want to use your PIXMA MG3620 via USB with a Windows 11 device running on an ARM-based processor, simply plug your PIXMA MG3620 into an available USB port. A driver will be installed automatically.

If your PIXMA MG3620 is connected to Wi-Fi and you wish to use it wirelessly, please add the printer manually:

1.  Open the Control Panel by holding the Windows key and pressing the letter R. In the Run window, type "control panel" (without quotation marks) and click OK.

2.  Click Devices and Printers.

3  Click Add a Printer.

4.  In the new window that appears, click on your PIXMA MG3600 series printer and then click Next.

A driver will be installed. When this process has finished, click Finish.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below to log into your My Canon account:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Once logged in, click on your product and then click on the Product Support button.  When that page loads, click on either the Phone Support button or the Chat Support button to access support.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

sboku74
Apprentice

Thank you Patrick, that works! I guess I will have to use other scan apps to use the scan function since the canon quick menu cannot be used.

You are correct, the IJ Scan Utility is not available for use with computers using an ARM processor.

To scan, please open the Windows App Store to download and install "Windows Scan".

You can use the link below to access that page directly:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-scan/9wzdncrfj3pv

For help with Windows Scan, please use this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-and-use-a-scanner-in-windows-10-4fd9f33a-25b6-15...

Announcements