cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon ip4500 continues to come up with message support code 1401 a printer head is not installed

SS
Apprentice

Support code 1401  on Cannon ip4500 comes up and says printhead is not installed or print head that is installed is not compatible.

1 REPLY 1

lorsignol
Apprentice

Hello,

I seem to have similar problem on Canon MG4250 printer. Upon start-up  displays Support Code 1401 " Print head is not installed. Install the print head."

The color and black cartridge are new and do match the exact reference required for this printer: 541XL for Color and 540XL for Black.

When repeating the sequence and installing only one cartridge out of the two, the printer does recognize the missing printer cartridge by displaying which print cartridge is missing. And this for bot the Color and the Black. So printer recognizes either print cartridge, but not both at same time: very strange.

I have done a printer reset (holding Stop button and pressing it 5 times while power on , but this didnt resolve the problem either.

I am looking for advice how to resolve, rather then junk a almost new printer and two brand new print heads...

Thanks,

click here to view the gallery
Announcements