cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CP740

AbbieKitten
Apprentice

I have a perfectly good CP740 printer and lots of paper and cartridges, however, there is no driver available on either my Microsoft Laptop or my MacBook Pro because of the latest operating systems I am running,  I have tried using a memory card but images wont print unless downloaded from a camera and I have bought a blue tooth transmitter hoping to be able to print from my iphone at least, however my iphone will not pair with it.  Is there any way I can get this printer to work with my devices or is it just a case of buying a new CP1300? Its gauling because there is absolutely northing wrong with the current printer which now seems consigned to the rubbish bin! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its a  13 year old printer.

Its not possible for companies to support every device they ever made in perpetuity.  In some cases, its the hardware that doesnt work with modern OS architecture or standards of the time when it was produced. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its a  13 year old printer.

Its not possible for companies to support every device they ever made in perpetuity.  In some cases, its the hardware that doesnt work with modern OS architecture or standards of the time when it was produced. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements