cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B200 on Pixma MX895

Spitfire220
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm from Belgium and I'm very very angry...
Since two weeks I've an error B200 on my canon printer.

I've search the solution to resolve this and continue to print my work again.
First, I've ordered a new prinhead, but, because here in Belgium, all stores have no more the original part, I'd the obligation to buy a chinese copy.!!

During waiting having this new one, I've let the original in clean water since two days and let it dry during 72 hours.
When I received the new one, I've put it in my printer and had again the error B200...
Then, after the drying of the original one, I re-install this one in my printer, and having always the error B200.
Here in Europe and in Belgium, no one is able to help me to solve my problem.

After having search on the net the solution, I've tryed lot of bunch of tips and tricks, in particular by hiding the rear contacts of the print head, to have the possibilities to print only in black, and no more in color.

The printhead is a QY6-0080, and is no more available in Belgium and in europe in original part.
So, I'm afraid to buy a new one and having always the problem with it. The price is very expensive.

I hope that someone could have a solution for helping me in this annoing problem.

Thanks for all and for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Spitfire220
Apprentice

Hi,

Finally, I've tryied to change my printhead by a new one, and an original parts, found after more researches.
Price: 145€!!!

Result: my printer run prefectly.
Conclusion:
Change with original parts, but no with refurbished parts coming from China!!! 
Hope to be on the road for more then 15.000 prints...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I believe the MX895 is at least 13 yrs old.  

Given the error is persisting after a printhead change , I would abandon this device.  Its already a money pit and since the printhead did not resolve the issue, another unknown issue you might never find might exist. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Spitfire220
Apprentice

Thanks for your answer Shadowsport, sincerelly I've this printer since more then 10 years.
Befaore I had another canon, a MP500 that had also a problem with an error 5B00. After having all dismounted, I've all cleaned, ink absorber, plate, and after that, i'm always printing with this one too.
During the period taht this MP500 was out of service, I buyed the MX895.
I tought that I could probably repair this one to as the old MP500. I'm sure that my problem on my MX895 is clearly a planned obsolescence produced by Canon.
I've search for the technical manual, and the parts catalog, but nothing seems available on internet. and Canon don't give informations about it, by saying that they have no more these manuals!!!

Nevertheless, i've tryed to catch somes contacts at rear of my printhead, and now, after tests, the printer gives me color Cyan and magenta, but no yellow and no black!!

I'm sure that there's a solution to solve this problem. But... Hard to find!

Change my printer to a new one, maybe, but finding something as my MX895 by Canon, in Belgium, I've no found something. Maybe the Pixma TS9550, and having possibilities to work in A3 format.
I work a lot for a non lucrative association and have sometimes needing of the A3 format, for scan and print.

I don't know what to do for this moment...

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Most devices are typically supported for about 10 yrs.  Some a little less, some a little more.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I understand, and I know that devices are supported during some years. But I think that it could be possible to repair and i think, that it could be interesting to have possibilities to have access to technical manual and parts list.
My first printer was a canon BJC 3000.
My second is always a MP500, that had problem and with the technical and parts manual, I had repair.
My third is the MX895, and with the B200 error. If I had the parts manual and the technical manual, I could repair it and work other many years with it.
However, Canon is stingy with technical help and does not provide its technical sources and spare parts manuals. This is very derogatory to those who wish to be able to repair rather than throw in the trash what can still be used. 

Spitfire220
Apprentice

Hi,

Finally, I've tryied to change my printhead by a new one, and an original parts, found after more researches.
Price: 145€!!!

Result: my printer run prefectly.
Conclusion:
Change with original parts, but no with refurbished parts coming from China!!! 
Hope to be on the road for more then 15.000 prints...

Announcements