cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6320 will no stay online

fishinggonebad
Apprentice

year old amazon 6320 printer from get go would not stay online. This printer might get auto jobonce every 2/3 months,as it is connected to software monitoring a transmitter.  we have addressed everyangle to solve the  connection issue. customer service has been a joke at best. OK guys what is causing this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, fishinggonebad!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using as we've made two models with the number 6320 in their model names, specifically the PIXMA TS6320 and the PIXMA MG6320, both of which are inkjet printers..  That, and any other details you'd like to give, such as how you want this printer to communicate with your devices, will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

It is about PIXMA MG6320. Printer is offline since I uploaded MacOS Big Sur version 11.3.1. It looks like Canon does not have a driver for MG6320. All my phone calls are turned down because I am not able to register my printer. I cannot go past stating PIXMA MG6320. There is no "NEXT" to finish the registration.

Hi fishinggonebad and georgek92,

The PIXMA MG6320 is not supported with Big Sur.  The printer does support Airprint, so it should work.

Please follow these steps:

1.  Swipe the HOME screen of your MG6320 from left to right and tap the wrench and screwdriver icon (Setup).

2.  Tap Device settings.

3.  Tap LAN settings.

4.  Tap Confirm LAN settings.

5.  Tap WLAN setting list.

Take note of the exact name listed next to SSID.

Scroll down the list.  Please take note of the numbers next to IPv4 Address.

On your Mac, please click on the Wi-Fi icon in the upper right corner of your screen.  Is the name of the wireless network that your Mac is connected to the exact same name as the SSID that was listed on your MG6320?  If not, please connect your Mac to the network listed next to SSID on your printer.

Also, please make sure that you are not connected to a VPN, as that connection will cut you off from your local network, which will not allow you to use the printer.

Next, please open a web browser like Safari.  In the address bar at the top, please type the IPv4 address of your printer and then press the Return key.  Does the Remote User Interface of your printer appear?

If so, please click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner and then System Preferences.

In System Preferences, click on Printers & Scanners.

Click the [+] in the lower left.

In the Add window, click on the MG6320 and click Add.

If the printer does not appear, click on the IP tab at the top.  In the Address bar, type in the IPv4 address of your printer.  In the Protocol box, choose Airprint and then click Add.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

fishinggonebad
Apprentice

hello

manythanks for my replys. 

Under the present conditions I was using my home for small office task's and not going in. Without going into much details , we had three canon printers thru out house. mg6320 will not stay on line, so to copy, scan do anything this printer required several attemps & wifi set ups. 

ok, I reached out to canon and was told the only options I had was to use the form for solutions, call canon and pay them $20.00 to talk to me, and aquire a service contract.

did post on the form and drove into the office to dnload a doc.

Canon proved to me they have no customer service. The very next day all four of my canon printers from the house and three in my section of office was , not so lightly , placed in the open top dumpster.  BROTHER replacement so far are trouble free. 
I do not need to consern myself with the now third rate printer company AND for vacation, wife and I just purchased  two rebel camers to take with us. They got sent back, replaced for the top rated camera co NIKON.

I would love to hear back from canon. interesting to see if I do get a reply and it not be the normal cheesey reply."we take our customer service seriously "

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements