cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updated to DPP version 4.8.30

elyshama
Apprentice
Hellow!

few day ago i updated my DPP4 to the last version.
I did it because the where 2 problems - 
1. the program didn't used the screen card well:
(Evan though i bought it for this reason.... I bought the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti because he has big value of cude processors which should help with pictures editing.
But the display time is the same with or without using it in the settings, and the colors are wrong in the loading time when using the card).
2. the program didn't preform 2 Bach processes in the same time.

After that i upgraded - the problems seemed to be fixed,
But the program started working very slow!!
It working well for couple of minuets, but after that - responding very slow. getting in to the edit window can take now 10 seconds!

I try to reinstall, but it is the same.
Now I don't know what to do - because i can't find were i can download dpp 4.7.1 download.

Please help!!

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Lets see what we can do to help.

Frist, "screen card".  The correct term is video card, graphics card or GPU.  A dedicated graphics card like a GTX 1050Ti helps improve image rendering (what's displaying on your screen).  It does not offer any significant speed improvents to image or batch processing.  It only offloads a small percentage of processing from the CPU.

Batch processing performance.  If you want this to imporove, you need to look at storage, CPU and memory.  Best performance is going to be achieved by using an SSD or m.2, quad core or better CPU and 8~32GB of RAM. 

You have to enable support for a dedicated graphics card in DPP.  Did you do this in Tools > Preferences > Image Processing2 menu?

Again, don't expect some kind of miracle if you are running a 4-5 yeard old computer with specs that meet DPP's minimum requirements. 

Last, why do you want to go back to DPP v4.7.1?  I suggest you stay with the latest version.  If you are having issues with it, I would suggest uninstalling, restarting and performing a fresh install of the latest version only. 

But if you really want 4.7.1 back, I have a copy of it.  Here  I have 4.7.2 as well. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for your replay!

Please see comments in red...

Frist, "screen card".  The correct term is video card, graphics card or GPU.  A dedicated graphics card like a GTX 1050Ti helps improve image rendering (what's displaying on your screen).  It does not offer any significant speed improvents to image or batch processing.  It only offloads a small percentage of processing from the CPU.

Ok. Mine English isn't perfect meanwhile.... I'm from Israel.

(This is why it took me time to respond - i takes my time to write in English...)

I undestannd that the graphic card won't help to the batch process,

But i payed for it hopefully it will help DPP to load the image faster,

and to preview the edit changes faster. 

Did I wrong?

Batch processing performance.  If you want this to imporove, you need to look at storage, CPU and memory.  Best performance is going to be achieved by using an SSD or m.2, quad core or better CPU and 8~32GB of RAM. 

I have  I5 7500, 16 RAM, SSD, and GeForce GTX 1050Ti.

You have to enable support for a dedicated graphics card in DPP.  Did you do this in Tools > Preferences > Image Processing2 menu?

Yes, I did, and didn't see big different (after reopen). More then that - the DPP seems to be a little more exact with pre-preview (first 7 seconds, before full preview) WITHOUT the card use.

Again, don't expect some kind of miracle if you are running a 4-5 yeard old computer with specs that meet DPP's minimum requirements. 

Last, why do you want to go back to DPP v4.7.1?  I suggest you stay with the latest version.  If you are having issues with it, I would suggest uninstalling, restarting and performing a fresh install of the latest version only. 

But if you really want 4.7.1 back, I have a copy of it.  Here  I have 4.7.2 as well. 

Thanks a lot!  Maybe it will really save me...

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
The performance gains from using a video card do not come from the GPU sharing the load. The gains comes from the CPU no longer having to share System RAM with a video chip.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

So,

What the point with cuda prossesores?

And this link is also the same point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfNIEIbnA8E

Announcements