I have eos 2 and when I conneced the t4i and turned it on, the eos utility would start automatically. Now, for whatever reason, it doesnt even recognize the camera is even there! neither does my computer for that matter! I do hear the beep when I turn on the t4i.
I have tried reinstalling. Nothing.
I have Windows 10.
Perhaps I need the drivers?
That once happened to me. My USB cable went bad. I tried a different one, and it worked. Do not know what went wrong with the first one. It spent its' life sitting on my table next to my laptop. ???
- Please install EOS Utility Ver. 3.2 from the CD included with your camera, or download it from the Canon homepage.
- When using computers installed with Windows operating systems, please log on to the computer as an administrator.
- EOS Utility 3.2 is exclusively for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Mac OS X 10.9, and 10.8.
Downloading all images that have not been transferred to the computer
- Windows 8: Right-click on the [Start] screen, and then click [All Programs] displayed on the lower right of the screen. [EOS Utility] will be displayed on the [Apps] screen.
- Windows 8.1: Click on the bottom left of the [Start] screen to display the [Apps] screen, and then click [EOS Utility].
- Mac OS X: Click the [EOS Utility] icon on the Dock.
IMPORTANTIf you start EOS Utility Ver. 3.2 before connecting the camera to the computer, the [EOS Utility Launcher] screen (shown in the example image below) will be displayed. In this case, please click [Close], and connect the camera to the computer after the window has closed.
NOTEBy default, the downloaded images are sorted into folders by their shooting date, and are saved in the [Pictures] folder on the computer. If you wish to change the destination for the downloaded images, click [Preferences] and specify the settings in the dialog box.
If you click [Select and download], you can select the images you want and download them to your computer from the cameras memory card. For the details, please see the "Downloading selected images" section below.
NOTEIf you wish to edit images using Digital Photo Professional or ImageBrowser EX, refer to the individual software instruction manuals.