cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 and Rebel Xsi

Vianna
Apprentice

The  new computer I bought comes with Windows 8 and I can't upload the photos from my Rebel XSi now. I installed the software that came with my Rebel (ver 17.1) but it must be outdated. Or is there a different reason?

If it's the outdated software, can someone please direct me to the new downlad link? Here's the link to the only information I found - which isnt much or helpful:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_re...

Thank you - and happy thanksgiving.

20 REPLIES 20

you the man

worked perfect first time

whoooooo hooooooooo

I have a Rebel Xti, I see all the colored icons on the menu, but there is no option for communications on the 2nd amber set up icon 😞 I wonder if it isonly on the XT??

Cheers Greg....have been following all manner of advice. Wish I found this first. ... this fixed it straight away - camera instantly recognised with Windows 8. Bless

I have teh Rebel Xti, there isn't a communication item option. Anything I can do to get my pics directly offf the camera or do I have to use the SD card?

Hi Colleen,

Unfortunately, I only have an XT and am still stumbling around that. Can't help with the XTii.

Hello Colleen,

The EOS Rebel XTi does not have a communication mode.  It should be able to make a direct connection to the latest operating systems.  Since you mention using the SD card, it would be worth noting that downloading direct from the SD card, either via a memory card reader or through your computer directly, would be the most direct method.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Tim wrote:

Hello Colleen,

The EOS Rebel XTi does not have a communication mode.  It should be able to make a direct connection to the latest operating systems.  Since you mention using the SD card, it would be worth noting that downloading direct from the SD card, either via a memory card reader or through your computer directly, would be the most direct method.

Well, that's interesting. With all the recent talk about how early Rebels have to be told to use the Picture Transfer Protocol (or whatever it's called), I've been wondering why I couldn't find it in my XTi manual.

Does the XT really use SD cards? The XTi does not.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Perfect! worked first time. Thanks

I uploaded the new utility software but my problem persists;  my problem is that Windows doesn't even seem to find the camera (doesn't beep or show up on the My computer screen);  I tried other USB devices in the USB slot and they work and I tried the camera/cable on a windows 7 system and it worked fine.  I tried troubleshooting devices but it said there were none.  What am I missing?

I FOUND OUT THAT i CANNOT USE THE eos UTILITY BUT IF i CONNECT THE CAMERA DIRECTLY TO THE COMPUTER IT DOES WORK. 

Announcements