cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall software

JoAnne
Contributor

I can't find Uninstall from my software for my old Cannon and I want to uninstall before I install the software for my new PowerShot.  Help.

8 REPLIES 8

jfo
Rising Star

JoAnne,

What operating system do you use and which software are you trying to uninstall?

Mac OS 10.6 and I want to uninstall Cannon PowerShot A460.

Is there a specific Canon software that is installed that you want to uninstall?  ImageBrowser? PhotoStitch? CameraWindows?  

Have you uninstalled software from your Mac before?

I have when it is something I am no longer using and it has an uninstall. I am not so tech savvy sometimes.

Crista
Whiz

Hello JoAnne!

If you have old Powershot software on your Mac OS 10.6 and want to upgrade the software to the latest and greatest, you don’t have to uninstall anything! The Canon software is neat because it will just update all your older software to the new software! It’s quick and easy.

So I then just put the CD in that came with the camera and it will upgrade the software that is already installed from my last Cannon?
Thank you.

@JoAnne wrote:
So I then just put the CD in that came with the camera and it will upgrade the software that is already installed from my last Cannon?
Thank you.

Hello JoAnne!
That is correct! You would just want to pop the disc into your CD/DVD drive on your computer and then install! Hope that helps and if you have any other questions or issues you can always Contact Us 

Thanks so much. It seems to have worked. I always feel like I have more space being taken up with things I don't use anymore. Happy Gratitude Day!
Announcements