cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SD960 IS creating another folder

lk24-
Apprentice

Hello, I have run into an issue with my PowerShot  SD960 IS creating another folder after I used up to much storage but i’m not sure how I can go back to previous folders because I have a bunch of old photos on them. I'm hoping someone can help out!!

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Storing your photos on the memory card in the camera is highly inadvisable.  It is best practice to copy the files off the memory card to a computer hard drive.  Buy a new memory card.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

normadel
Authority
Authority

Right. What Waddizzle said.

Connect the camera to a computer, or put the memory card in a card reader, and see what's on it. Move EVERYTHING to the computer or some external storage for long-term storage. Then format the card in the camera.

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Absolutely reinforce the advice from my colleagues.   If you should decide to also invest in another memory card, make sure it is full size (not micro-SD with adapter - they don't work well in cameras).  Get a reputable brand like Lexar, SanDisk or Prograde and from a reliable dealer- lots of cheap knock-offs out there.
Don't delete files off your card, copy the files to a computer, or other device, then format the card in the camera.  You will find it works faster and more reliably that way.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements