cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EOS R6 Mark II Firmware Update, Version 1.2.0 (Type Firmware Date 09.26.23 File Size 76.03 MB)

JFG
Rising Star
Rising Star

I just updated my EOS R6 Mark II Firmware to the latest version 1.2.0. .  Canon recommends always updating your camera to the lates Firmware Version.  Update went without a hitch.

Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
1. Adds support for the RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye lens.
2. Adds enhanced security when transferring images via FTPS transfer.
3. Adds support for the Software Development Assistance Kit (EDSDK/CCAPI).
4. Fixes minor issues.

If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.2.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

VR Recording Guide on our website has been updated accordingly. Please download the VR Recording Guide as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official website.

Contact a support representative regarding use of the Software Development Kit for digital cameras.

Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.  

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the name of the file that you are copying to your SD card? There should only be one file with a .fir extension. R6212000.FIR is the file that should be on the SD card.

You keep mentioning that you copied files to the SD card.

You said that you have an R6 Mark II,  correct  ?  The R6 Mark II has two sd cards, so format both sd cards, 1 and 2 then put #1 sd card in your Mac PC and download the R6212000.FIR file to the sd card..  Proceed to place the sd card into the R6 MII  and upload the file. If that doesn't work try it with sd card #2 and If that doesn't work you might have a faulty sd card.  Question: Do you have two sd cards in your R6 Mark II  ?

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

Did you get your R6 Mark II firmware updated ?  Let us know !

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

It's been a busy few days.  I plan to try and attempt it again tomorrow.  I'll let you know.  Thank you!!!

Hi.  Last night it would not allow me to respond to this message.  I sent you a private message through Canon as well, but I wanted to be certain that you know that I was able to update my firmware.  When I downloaded the update this time I put it on my desktop, instead of in Finder on my MacBook.  Then when I inserted the formatted card into the computer I had desktop open so that I could see that icon there.  I then double clicked the download icon, and only moved over the .fir file to the SD card file.  Ejected the card, put it in the camera, went to the Update Firmware menu and the card and update were recognized.  So I am good to go.  I'm not certain why the download has something embedded that isn't needed.  Canon probably has their reasons.  For me, the instructions of download the update and put it on the card, need to be broken down into steps.  I'm hoping that the next update goes a little easier for me, but I consider it a lesson learned.  Thanks for you help, and for checking up on me to be certain that I got it done.  

Hell Bankesmom1,  thats great, I'm glad to hear that you were able to upgrade your R6 Mark II to the latest Firmware Update, Version 1.2.0 ..  Lesson learned  : )  I always download the firmware updates to my desktop as it is easier to down load it to the SD card without problems..  I'm using Windows version 11 and now I know that it works the same way for MacBook.  Enjoy your camera and happy shooting !

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

Bankesmom1
Enthusiast

I updated to 1.3 today and it only took me 30 minutes to get it figured out.  I'm hoping that when the next update comes around I get even better at it.  

Latest for R6 II is 1.4.0

1000008186.jpg

Bankesmom1,

Like Peter replied, you now have to upgrade your R6 Mark II firmware to the latest version 1.4.0 to be current !  So you will do even better now.  

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

When I look for this update on the Canon site, it is not there.  Is that because my MacBook is only running BigSur?

Announcements