cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Canon 20d DRIVER

webberma
Apprentice

My camera battery was dead this morning for back to school pics so I grabbed my old 20D because it had a full battery, go figure, only to realize my relatively new computer does not have a slot for a compact flash memory card. Another option is to hook to USB BUT Canon does not have the driver on the website. Looking for anyone who has this camera and can email driver file...? 

UPDATE. Super easy fix: Canon support replied and said "UPDATE Super easy fix: Canon support replied and said "The EOS 20D is no longer supported by the more recent operating systems in the normal communication mode. If you go into the EOS 20D menu you will find Communication under the wrench and hammer tab. Change this setting to PTP and you will be able to connect the camera to the Windows 10 computer and transfer images from the camera as if it were a USB card reader. Simply copy the image files from the DCIM folder to your Pictures folder on the computer (or folder of your choice)."

It worked.

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

have you considered whipping out to your local drug store and getting a USB card reader.  I am not aware that the USB connector needs a driver - it uses a standard protocol.  However if there is some software required, by the time someone who has an EOS 20D one reads this, finds the solution, and answers this you could have sorted it.Smiley Wink

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Windows or Mac?

Which version of OS?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Canon does not have the driver ..."

There is no driver.  That's why there wasn't one.  Windows should see the 20D.  I have no idea if Mac will or not. They are weird.  The suggestion of a card reader is your best choice and option.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Mac should see it, too.

Announcements