cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live viewing on Macbook pro with Canon 5d mark ii

Shabs6
Apprentice

Hi All,

wondering if anyone can help, pretty new to this stuff.

I have a 5d mark ii and I want to have a live feed of what I am recording on my macbook pro; I checked and saw some other people trying this but my laptop is up to date and it looks like there is no software for it- or am I mistake?

I've tried the following link but I get the error "

This software is not supported with the operating system selected and is not available for download." https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/software/eos-utility.html?softwareid=tcm:14-133003...

Any help would be appreciate, thank you in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Shabs6!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is running on your MacBook Pro. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for the welcome 🙂

Apologies, I am using Sonoma 14.2.1 with a Canon mark 5d ii. 

Thanks in advance

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Shabs6 wrote:

Hi All,

wondering if anyone can help, pretty new to this stuff.

I have a 5d mark ii and I want to have a live feed of what I am recording on my macbook pro; I checked and saw some other people trying this but my laptop is up to date and it looks like there is no software for it- or am I mistake?

I've tried the following link but I get the error "

This software is not supported with the operating system selected and is not available for download." https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/software/eos-utility.html?softwareid=tcm:14-133003...

Any help would be appreciate, thank you in advance. 

The 5D Mk II requires EOSU2. 
You could try this; not sure if it will work. 
1. go to the Canon support page for the 1D X Mk II

2. Select macOS 11 software. 
3. Download and install EOSU 3.13.30. It will install EOSU3 and EOSU2. You should uninstall the version of EOSU3 you have currently installed. 
4. I don’t know if EOSU2 will run under Sonoma. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements