cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing EOS Utility with no cd drive.

TommyLa
Apprentice

I bought the XPS 15 and I'm trying to install EOS Utility, it's looking for a cd. No cd drive. Suggestion? 1D Mark 4.

Thanks,

Tom

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You can download the software from Canon Support.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support

You will need to know the serial number of your camera to start the downloads.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks, I have downloaded the files, but it is looking for a cd. People are talking about "solution disk", just do not see it. Is there a direct link?

Thanks,

Tom

@TommyLa wrote:

Thanks, I have downloaded the files, but it is looking for a cd. People are talking about "solution disk", just do not see it. Is there a direct link?

Thanks,

Tom

What exactly is " it "?  The instruction manual?  Perhaps, you should contact 1-800-OK-CANON, so they can walk you through it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Go to the 1D Mark IV support page, select Windows 7 operating system and download EOS Solution Disk 29.1. It has all the files that come on the CD. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

@TommyLa wrote:

Strange...it did not ask me for a CD at all...and my laptop does not have a CD drive either.  Try this link the select Drivers/SW then software.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/support-dslr/eos-1d-mark-i...

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

And while you are at it, download the electronic users manual, too. There is a *lot* more info there than in the one supplied with the camera.

TommyLa
Apprentice
Got it, thanks!

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@TommyLa wrote:

I bought the XPS 15 and I'm trying to install EOS Utility, it's looking for a cd. No cd drive. Suggestion? 1D Mark 4.

Thanks,

Tom

You need to download the complete software disk from the Canon website. Since they redesigned the website, I have no idea where the link to that is. You might want to try calling Canon support.
Announcements