cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing EOS Utility on Mac to download images to computer

dougstroud
Apprentice

After downloading and installing EOS Utility: EU3.15.0 and running the installer eum3.15.0-installer.app, I don't see any installed application or indication of what to do next. Anyone able to advise what to do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dougstroud
Apprentice

Solution: Created a new administrator admin account and installed the EOS Utility there. The installation ran and installed properly. I then checked my regular account which it installed and was located in the Applications folder. It ran properly. So it was an issue specific to my main admin account.

Thanks to everyone for offering assistance along the way.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You don't need any extra software to download pictures. Just use image capture. Make sure Wi-fi is turned off to use the cable.

Thank you KV. This was a simple solution that worked perfectly. I am going to consult with Canon in the morning just to understand what the EOS Utility will do that Image Capture wouldn't, but for simplicity and effectiveness your suggestion was spot on. Thank you.

EOSU is software to allow computer control of your camera. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-utility

Buy, as KV advised, if all you want to do is download images Apple Image Capture is all you need. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It will also let you do advanced things like register picture styles and add lens support for new lenses. (Which will probably not be an issue for EF and EF-S lenses, since all the action is R lenses these days.)

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is this the first time you are installing Canon software. If so, check in the Security section of System Preferences and see if you need to authorize UniversalInstaller for disk access. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

dougstroud
Apprentice

Solution: Created a new administrator admin account and installed the EOS Utility there. The installation ran and installed properly. I then checked my regular account which it installed and was located in the Applications folder. It ran properly. So it was an issue specific to my main admin account.

Thanks to everyone for offering assistance along the way.

Announcements