cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Utility More than 1 camera

AussieCoop
Apprentice

Is there a way for the Eos utility to continue the numbering sequence for each different camera I plug in to upload from.

I use a 5d3, Eos R, Eos M6 and an Eos M and although the files are each recognised by the Camera model and number as the prefix the actual number count is continuous. 

Is there an automated way to do this or do I have to manually keep track of where each cameras last number sequence left off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

AussieCoop, 

Aside from the prefix, there wouldn't be a cast iron method to continue the numbering sequence for each camera as you upload them.  This would be a situation where manually keeping track of each camera individually.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tim
Authority

AussieCoop, 

Aside from the prefix, there wouldn't be a cast iron method to continue the numbering sequence for each camera as you upload them.  This would be a situation where manually keeping track of each camera individually.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Can we get this passed on to the R&D team to see if this is possible or feasible in an update?

Can we get this passed on to the R&D team to see if this is possible or feasible in an update?

albertj358
Contributor

I have two Rebels (a T3i and T6s) that I have configured to do what I think you want to do, merge images from multiple cameras. Here are my config settings that allow both cameras to save unique file names to the same folder structure. This way I can use both cameras whithout having to swap lenses, yet have the files sorted by time in the same folder. This way the image sequence number can be anything without affecting sorting.

I had to configure this for each camera.

Folder Settings:

PrefsFolders.jpg

File Name Settings:

PrefsFileName.jpg

File Name customization settings:

CustomizeName.jpg

Nice solution, very well documented.   Did not fit my specific problem, but it showed me some alternatives.

thanks   AL

Announcements