cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam and Cables

ncgruetzmacher
Apprentice

I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I have bought two different cables (USB A to USB C) for my EOS R that I assumed would have enough data transfer capabilities to work for this. I can't get anything to work. I have on short 6 inch cable that came with an external hard drive I have that works. Bu I need something with some length. Why can't I find a cable that works!?!?

1 REPLY 1

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ncgruetzmacher,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with cables and the EOS Webcam Utility. We recommend using USB-C to USB-C type cables with the EOS R. It could be that the cables with mixed plugs might not be able to transfer the full data from the EOS R causing connection issues. 

A few other things to try would be to try a different USB port on your computer. If the port is having an issue it could cause connection issues. If you are using a USB hub also try plugging the cable directly into the camera.

If the issue continues one last thing to try would be to install the EOS Webcam Utility on a different computer and check to see if the same thing is happening there. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements