cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility availability for EOS Rebel T3i

vince-galietta
Apprentice

I'm am hoping to find a download of teh EOS Utility software for the T3i Rebel.  While its been a long time since I last used it, I've replaced my laptop and it doesn't have a DVD drive it in so I can't use my disk to restore the application.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

If you're on Windows, start HERE - it's the software that would have come with your camera. THEN go to the normal page (HERE) and download the most up-to-date version. 

For macOS, it may not work because of compatibility issues, but start HERE, then go to the normal page HERE and get the most up-to-date version.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

If you're on Windows, start HERE - it's the software that would have come with your camera. THEN go to the normal page (HERE) and download the most up-to-date version. 

For macOS, it may not work because of compatibility issues, but start HERE, then go to the normal page HERE and get the most up-to-date version.

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for the instructions. So I managed to download the software. But would really appreciate if you could help me with the following questions:

1. I noticed that the link you provided for the software download is not from a canon website. Why is that? Does Canon not officially support this software in USA anymore?
  2. The ImageBrowser EX requires Microsoft Silverlight. The Silverlight that got installed as part of this installation doesn't seem to work and I get the error ImageBrowser EX can't run because it cannot find Silverlight. Further Silverlight is no longer supported by Miscrosoft as of Oct 2021 so I cannot download a Silverlight installation to deploy Silverlight. Without that ImageBrowser EX does not work. How can Canon provide software that is dependent on unsupported software?
  3. In the list of software available in the Canon support section for the EOS Rebel T3i only various versions of Digital Professional 4, Picture Style Editor and Neural Network Upscaling Tool show up. So does that mean Canon has officially stopped support for EOS Utilities bundle of software? If so what is the replacement is any.

Would really appreciate your response.

Kind Regards...

Since this is an old thread marked solved I suggest you copy all your input and post in a new thread that you start.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

vince-galietta
Apprentice

Thank you Stephen!  I should have mentioned it was for Windows.  The links you provided were exactly what I was looking for and I appreciate the rapid response.

Awesome! I'm so glad you were able to get what you needed! 😊

Announcements