cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility and Win 11

PamG1
Apprentice

Hello,

I’ve seen posts that EOS Utility doesn’t work with Win 11, correct? I’m so mad I upgraded and it’s past the 10 days that you can easily revert. Is there any other workaround? I have a 7D camera. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't know if it works since I am on W10, but the Canon support site lists EOSU 3.16 as compatible with W11.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

AMDphreak
Contributor

I can get EOS Utility to launch on Win11, but the wifi tethering doesn't detect my camera.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the EOS Utility.  Do you need to use the EOSU 2 to use with the 7D?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

I recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the EOS Utility.  Do you need to use the EOSU 2 to use with the 7D?

Yes, EOSU2 is required for the 7D. The latest version of EOSU that will install both EOSU3 and EOSU2 is 3.13.20. It is available on the W10 support page for the 1D X Mark III (and maybe others) but not the W11 support page. Maybe it will work if you download the W10 version.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

PamG1
Apprentice

Thank you all for the replies. I was able to reinstall W10 and reinstall my original EOS from disk. Phew!

Announcements