cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Not Working Please Help

Dai_Vexed
Contributor

I own a rebel t6 and I've been to every forum thread that has had the same issue, most of the time it's some anti-virus that was blocking it from working but for me, this is not the case I tried uninstalling 4 times and it still hasn't worked every time I refresh it gives me an error message and I am beyond frustrated it was working fine yesterday and with seemingly no warning it just stopped working 

7 REPLIES 7

Jason
Whiz

Hi, Dai_Vexed.

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using.

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist! However, if this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

Windows 10

Tim
Authority

Dai_Vexed, 

At what point in this process do you receive an error message?  Can you also let the community know what the error message is indicating to you? 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So I'll hit the refresh button and it will say "no updates are available" and if i close out of the app and reopen it, it won't open

Hello Dai_Vexed, 

We recommend uninstalling the application and then reinstalling from the web site.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

already have about 4 times

Hi Dai_Vexed,

When downloading the software from our website are you using the "EOS Utility 3.8.20" or "EOS Digital Solutions Disk Software 32.9A" download?

To see if the software download being installed makes a difference I would uninstall EOS Utility. Then re-install it using the opposite download than the one used previously (with your anti-virus software temporarily disabled).

Announcements