cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Problem upgrading firmware

plectrum6308
Apprentice

I acquired my new R5 last week on a holiday in Germany from a German shop in Hamburg. I am now trying to update the firmware to 1.8.1 but each time I am getting a message on a yellow background, something to the sense that there was a software loading error or something like that. I am then instructed to remove the SD card and the battery. I have done upgrades on my other camera, the R6, several times. The SD card is formatted in camera and the firmware file is in the root. I am using the system where you boot the camera on P.

Can someone guide me please?

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I've answered your other post:

FW upgrade

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi 

I have tried three SD cards - 4gb, 32gb, 64gm ... all formated before adding update ... no luck... more suggestions?

Greetings,

To ensure your issue or question gets the attention it deserves, please start a new thread.      

Please include the model of your camera, the version of FW you are trying to upgrade to, the steps performed and any error messages you have received.  Thanks in advance.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

plectrum6308
Apprentice

Solved - but just using a different SD card. Strange but true.

@plectrum6308 wrote:

Solved - but just using a different SD card. Strange but true.

Greetings,

Guessing you have an R5 and are referring to v1.8.1?

Yes. You should copy the FW to your SD card to perform the update.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements