cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 200d working with USB in Utility 3 but not with Zoom or Browser

DavidWa
Contributor

Hi all, 

Im somewhat a noob and Im trying to use my 200d as webcam via USB. It runs flawless in Utility 3 but I get the error image "not connected with USB" despite Utility 3 recognizing it. Im using the latest Mac OS. Unfortunately I couldn't find any other helpful information so I hope somebody can give me a hint towards what the cause could be. 

Id highly appreciate it. 

Best, David

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You must shut down the EOS Utility and the EOS Utility Launcher Service. Switch camera to movie mode. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks. EOS utility is closed and in the activity monitor I closed the only launchservice I could find. Movie mode I assume you mean video camera icon? Where would I find the utility launcher service? I didn't work so far...

Edit: So I disabled the autolaunch within the startup items, closed the Utility software, camera is in movie mode but still the same error both in Zoom and Browser

What instructions are you following?  Leave the Startup menu alone. 

Do you see the Canon icon in System Tray?  That should be Launcher Service.  Right click on the icon and select EXIT. 

Its closed already but still doesnt work

I forgot to ask.  What version of the MacOS are you running?  I do not believe the WebCam Utility has been ported to the latest MacOS.  

Which CPU are you running?

I believe the latest MacOS. With the Utility 3 it works flawless.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 09.26.49.png

Announcements