cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 / Mac....dpp not opening desktop folder

Hippiechick
Apprentice

Hi, just got new Mac running Catalina..installed latest version DPP4...download perfect.

Only problem, when I open the location, it won't open my DESKTOP folder where all my photo files live. The folder looks different also, with a little cloud and arrow like iCloud on it. My desktop and docs are not backed up to iCloud..

on my old Mac, no problem with DPP opening desktop folder...I've done a temporary workaround by putting my WHOLE desktop into a new folder in finder, but then they're no longer on my desktop...

any suggestions ?

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Are you seeing the following?:

locations.jpg

If so, just change the 'Where' popup menu to another available choice (e.g. Desktop).

locations_selection.jpg

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Greetings,

rs-eos is correct.

From your description, Your friends at apple have enable icloud for you.  You are tricked into this during set up when you are asked to sign it to iTunes and iCloud.

To disable: Apple menu  > System Preferences > iCloud.  Uncheck the box which will give you local file stroage and not iCloud.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements