cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility Issue: EOS Webcam Utility and Internet Download Manager

AshR
Apprentice

Dear Canon Community Support,

I hope this finds you well. My name is Ashraf, and I am a loyal Canon user. I am reaching out to seek assistance in resolving a compatibility issue I have encountered after installing Internet Download Manager (IDM) on my system.

I recently installed IDM on my computer, and since then, I have been unable to use the EOS Webcam Utility seamlessly. The EOS Webcam Utility had been working perfectly before the IDM installation. I am writing to seek guidance on any potential conflicts between these two applications and to explore possible solutions.

I have verified that both the EOS Webcam Utility and IDM are the latest versions, and my operating system is Windows 10. However, when attempting to use the EOS Webcam Utility, I encounter issues that were not present before IDM installation. The camera fails to connect or is not recognized by the application.

I am reaching out to your esteemed community for insights, suggestions, or any recommended troubleshooting steps to resolve this compatibility issue.

I appreciate your time and assistance in helping me get to the bottom of this mystery. Canon products have always been reliable for me, and I am confident that with your support, we can find a solution.

Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

ASHRAFScreenshot 2023-11-10 040557.png

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What version of the WebCam Utility are you using?

What country are residing in?  

Check the task manager or services.msc for a running IDM process or IDM Service.  Stop or set to Manual Start up, terminate the application, then retest the webcam utility.   

Also note the nVidia Shield and GeForce Experience are not officially supported by Canon.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements