cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PowerShot A1200 stopped working with Windows 11 after recent drivers updates.

fg2001-IB
Contributor

After recent Windows 11 Updates the Canon PowerShot A1200 is no longer connecting correctly to the USB.

I verified that is still work fine with Windows 11 Build 22H2 22621.1702, but no longer works with Build 23H2 22631.2792.  Look like Microsoft did some drivers updates and the Canon Camera no longer works correctly.

The working Driver is version of the driver is 10.0.22621.1, the ones that fail are 10.0.22621.2506 and 10.0.22621.2706 or even higher versions.

When the Camera is first connected it shows up as an MTP USB Device and it does not work until a "Scan for hardware changes" is run from Device manager. At that point the driver shows up correctly as Canon PowerShot A1200 and the camera can be accessed.

I think Cannon needs to contact Microsoft to fix the problem with loading the correct driver when the camera is connected. Scanning for hardware changes is a workaround that should not be necessary if the driver loads correctly when the camera is connected.

InitialDriverShowing.png

ScanFor HardwareChanges.png

AfterScanForHardwareChanges.png

10 REPLIES 10

@rstevens15,

There is also a newer version of CameraWindow that I downloaded from the link below.

Still, it works fine with Windows 10 but fails to connect to the camera when installed in Windows 11.

I left it installed on Windows 10 because I may use it, I uninstalled it from Windows 11 because it does not work anymore, it is completely useless.  🤣🤣🤬

CameraWindow DC 8.10.9b for Windows (hk.canon)

Announcements