cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find the EOS utility download link for 5D IV for macOS Catalina

ccu336
Contributor

I cant' find EOS utility download link for 5D IV on canon USA website. My operating system is macOS Catalina and detected as Mac OS X on the prod support page. Any help? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ccu336 wrote:

Waddizzle, Thanks a lot for your reply. But it still doesn't work for me. I downloaded the EOS utility version for macOS Mojave v10.14 but can't install it. There is nothing for macOS Catalina v10.15. 

Catalina ended support for 32-bit applications.  It would appear that Apple's installer is a 32-bit application.  Apple needs to fix this problem.  Developers do not write installers.  They simply use the one provided by Apple.  

Apple says that it is working with developers to resolve issues associated with their installers not running.  This is a major kerfuffle on the part of Apple.  But, it is typical of how they seem to do things   

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ccu336 wrote:

I cant' find EOS utility download link for 5D IV on canon USA website. Any help? Thanks.

I am sure you have old that adage about ... Give a man fish, you feed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

This is how you find the product support page.  

Click the "canoncoumminty" at the top fo the page to go to community home page.

In the middle of the page on the left, you will see a pane that says Canon Support, click it.

Follow the instructions to type the model of your camera in the box.

Your camera model should appear in a list as type the name.

Click on the model of your camera, and click GO.

This should take you to the product support page.

You can download firmware, software, and instruction manuals from there.

Sorry, my question is not clear. Forgot to mention that the operating system is detected as Mac OS X. I have been to the prod support page several times. Under model 5D Mark IV there is no software and utility listed for that OS.

88AA301B-35A6-4C32-8640-20BEC2626EE0.png

DC702CA3-B30B-4759-8F57-ACDA9D61A25B.png

Waddizzle, Thanks a lot for your reply. But it still doesn't work for me. I downloaded the EOS utility version for macOS Mojave v10.14 but can't install it. There is nothing for macOS Catalina v10.15. 
Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 9.09.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 9.09.53 PM.png

@ccu336 wrote:

Catalina ended support for 32-bit applications.  It would appear that Apple's installer is a 32-bit application.  Apple needs to fix this problem.  Developers do not write installers.  They simply use the one provided by Apple.  

Apple says that it is working with developers to resolve issues associated with their installers not running.  This is a major kerfuffle on the part of Apple.  But, it is typical of how they seem to do things   

ccu336
Contributor
Thanks. I'll contact Apple then.
Announcements