cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I/do I have to install Canon Camera Connect if I already have EOS utility?

rrrccc01
Contributor

Hello, 

I have a Canon T7 and have been using EOS utility for years. I just inherited a PowerShot SX40 and will have it sometime next week. 

I'm wondering if I can just use the EOS Utility with the SX40, it's not listed as supported, or if I have to user the  SX40 software "Camera Connect"?

If I have to use Camera Connect with the SX40 is it OK to install it on the same machine as the EOS Utility?

Thanks in advance

RC.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If the Camera Connect is listed as the Canon app used to connect to the SX40, then you would “need” to install it.  It would not expect the the EOS Utility and Camera Connect interfere with each other.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@rrrccc01 wrote:

Hello, 

I have a Canon T7 and have been using EOS utility for years. I just inherited a PowerShot SX40 and will have it sometime next week. 

I'm wondering if I can just use the EOS Utility with the SX40, it's not listed as supported, or if I have to user the  SX40 software "Camera Connect"?

If I have to use Camera Connect with the SX40 is it OK to install it on the same machine as the EOS Utility?

Thanks in advance

RC.

Hello, RC!

I'm pretty sure that Canon Camera Connect is an app for smart phones and tablets. It won't run on a PC. I did see a program called "CameraWindow DC 8.10.4a for Windows" on Canons support site for the SX40 HS (I have Win 10 Pro and it was available), but I didn't see EOSU offered, which confirms your statement that the SX 40 HS isn't compatible for whatever reason. I am not familiar with this model and you only mention SX40 (without the HS), so this may not be what you are referring to. I couldn't find a reference to just SX40, at least in reference to Canon Support or software.

Here is the support site I am referring to.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements