cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CameraWindow program doesn't upload pics anymore, after years of working fine.

TucsonDave
Apprentice

CameraWindow program doesn't upload pics anymore, after years of working fine. I reinstalled the program from the CD. still doesn't work. Windows Explorer can see the pics in the camera memory. it displays mini-pics in one of the camera's folders. But I want to use CameraWindow, so it will create folders with dates, and only upload new pics.

camera is PowerShot 720IS. Windows 7.

I'm also dealing with "low battery" problem, after just a few pics. But even with brand new batteries, CameraWindow doesn't work.

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi TucsonDave!

Thanks for posting.

I recommend downloading the latest update for CameraWindow, as well as other applicable Canon software.  You can download the updates from our website HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've done that. I did a download and install of the programs, after the re-install from the CD. Both produced the same result.

I'm suspicious that the battery issue is part of the problem. CameraWindow starts, but ends quickly. Is it querying the camera differently from the way that Windows does? does it need more power for what it's doing? that might explain why Windows Explorer shows mini-pics from the camera, but CameraWindow just quits.

TucsonDave,

If Windows Explorer will see the camera, then CameraWindow should as well.  This shows the camera is communicating with Windows.  What happens if you close the Explorer window, then manually launch CameraWindow again from the Start menu?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements