cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find a good Tele-Converter for my PowerShot G10 incl. adapter?

doej
Apprentice

Hello,

I got an old PowerShot G10 and I am looking for a Tele-Converter (incl. Adapter).

Something like this 3.5x Tele Lens Kit would be cool. Or that 3.0x Tele if delivery to Germany was an option.

1.JPG

Where can I find such fitting accessouries?

LG John

[Commercial link removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshot to facilitate discussion.]

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Teleconverters aren't recommended because they slow down your lenses' aperture. They also slow down Autofocus performance. Or it may not focus at all. Then the resulting image quality isn't good either.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D, Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM & EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Thanks for the quick answer.

Autofocus or lenses' aperture aren't really a priority for me. Detail is all need to e.g. take pictures of a few birds in broad daylight. For that a cheap 2x, 2.2x, 3.0x or 3.5x tele converter should do the trick to turn a fuzzy blob in the distance into an actual bird or the tiny labeling on a distant cell tower into something actually readable.

Starting a whole new camera setup and upgrade to the point where I am with my current one is also too expencive.

My newest idea for a setup would be to use a lens kit (Screenshot 1) together with an adapter (Screenshot 2) for my G10. Just don't know if that would work together with my Canon.

58mm lens kit58mm lens kit58mm lens adapter for G1058mm lens adapter for G10

Canon PowerShot G10 Specs:

• 28-140mm (equiv.)
  • 5x optical zoom
  • F2.8-4.5

Teleconverters are NOT designed for your camera. They are designed for DSLR and mirrorless cameras. They mount between the camera body and the lens. There is glass inside a teleconverter. You own a fixed lens cameras not an interchangeable lens camera. You also loose detail with teleconverters and you loose sharpness. You won't magically get sharp images with teleconverters. You also don't understand how a teleconverter works. It sounds like you need a DSLR or a mirrorless camera with what your doing. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D, Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM & EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@doej wrote:

Hello,

I got an old PowerShot G10 and I am looking for a Tele-Converter (incl. Adapter).

Something like this 3.5x Tele Lens Kit would be cool. Or that 3.0x Tele if delivery to Germany was an option.

1.JPG

Where can I find such fitting accessouries?

LG John

[Commercial link removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshot to facilitate discussion.]

Look well before you leap.  The additional weight of that large lens that I see cannot be a good thing for the AF motors in your camera.  I strongly advise against it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
click here to view the gallery
Announcements