cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using an external intervalometer w/90d electronic shutter

Ooben
Contributor

I have had my 90D for about a month now, and have been reading everything I can find about the electronic shutter. I know the built in intervalometer does not work with the e-shutter, however, my Aodelan external intervalometer does. So what I need to know is there any problem doing so? Over-heating the sensor? Causing the earth to tilt on it's axis? There must be some reason why Canon didn't enable that feature......

Thank you for your time,

Mike

13 REPLIES 13

Mostly noise....but it's not unusual for me to shoot 1200-1500 shots for my timelapses....that can really add up the shutter click count....

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another thought, using the built-in interval timer will allow the camera to go to sleep mode and automatically wake it up 1 minute before the next scheduled shot. I wonder if the external control jack will do the same?

I'm not sure if Canon's remote would do that, I don't think my Aodelan will. I always set the auto power off to be longer than my intervals, so that's not a problem the way I shoot....don't know if that's the best way to do it or not. I also turn off picture review and kill the LCD quickly as possible....I think 10 seconds is the default screen off time....

With the new moon coming up I'm looking forward to some Milky Way timelapses.....

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, the manual states that it does work like that with the built-in timer. Good luck with your Milky Way shots. Let us know how it works out.

Announcements