cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tokina Mount Adpater creating a ring on EOS R6 Mark II

umairlooms
Contributor

NEED HELP!!!

I bought a Canon R6 Mark ii and had to buy a mount adapter to use my Tokina EOS lens 18/28 which I used to use on my old Canon 6D mark ii.

Now when I photograph, there is like a ring flair on the photos? WHAT TO DO NOW!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I noticed the the “ring” at the corners of your photo. It’s probably being caused by noise and image processing by the camera. Many Sigma lenses exhibited similar issues. 
Sigma corrected the problem by updating the lens firmware on lenses compatible with the Sigma Dock.

You cannot update your firmware. I recommend disabling all in-camera image corrections. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I noticed the the “ring” at the corners of your photo. It’s probably being caused by noise and image processing by the camera. Many Sigma lenses exhibited similar issues. 
Sigma corrected the problem by updating the lens firmware on lenses compatible with the Sigma Dock.

You cannot update your firmware. I recommend disabling all in-camera image corrections. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

thanks. Yes we already disabled them but the issue still exists. I had no idea that this issue existed. 
Would having a Tokina Adapater resolve this? or Am i just being too optimistic

We just turned off one option! i think it worked!!!! we now have to do a full shoot. Thank you so much! i had to hear so much from my boss, i am sure this is now resolved!!! 

Announcements