cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitute for the NB-4L Battery Pack

MikeJoe
Apprentice

I'd like to know if their is a substitute for the NB-4L Battery Pack.  Does it have separate charger that comes with it?   Can I buy a NB-4L Battery Pack by another source other than Canon?   

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite

You can certainly buy third party batteries, but I personally only use Canon-branded ones.  If you're going third party, be sure it's a trusted brand and you're purchasing from reliable sources.

In terms of a charger, the Canon branded one is Battery Charger CB-2LV.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

normadel
Authority
Authority

You'll find many aftermarket batteries on Amazon and  eBay, with and without chargers. Canons also.

Aftermarkets cost MUCH less. The genuine Canons will very likely be very old stock.

I would advise against getting things from Amazon or eBay.  As I wrote earlier, if going third-party, go with trusted businesses such as the various authorized Canon resellers (they have the more reputable third-party batteries/chargers).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

normadel
Authority
Authority

I saw Wasabi batteries, which are one of the top aftermarket brands. Kastar is good too. When you're looking for a battery model this old, the options are limited from authorized Canon resellers. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements