cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-rubber replacement for EOS 90D eyecup

JJ1966
Apprentice

The rubber on the 90D's eyecup gives me a skin reaction on my eyelid. Does Canon offer a non-rubber replacement for the cup? 

3 REPLIES 3

Nemo
Contributor

This may be a little out in left field, but if you have someone with a 3D printer you could try printing a plastic eyecup. The only other alternative is removing the eyecup and shooting without it. I've never seen a replacement.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Do you know about an allergy to something in particular?  There are numerous  "rubbers" that could be used on eyepieces.

Looking on ebay just now, for "Canon 90d eyecup", I see a couple of JJC products. One made of TPU rubber (urethane),  and one made of ABS and silicone. 

I'm well aware of latex allergies, but haven't heard of allergies to other "rubber" materials. Canon eyepieces, or any others, are not latex.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Another thought is maybe there is a residue of a mold release or some other manufacturing chemical on the eyepiece rubber. Wash the eyecup thoroughly with a gentle detergent, like hand dishwashing liquid.  See if it alleviates the problem.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements