cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Cable To Connect EOS M100 To Computer

Snoopster
Apprentice

Am I failing to use the search engine here right or something?  All I'm looking for is the cable to connect my EOS M100 to my desktop, and I see no results for such a thing.  How do I find it, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

normadel
Authority
Authority

Do a search for "EOS M100 USB Cable" and saw images for the cable. Your camera has a USB-Mini-B digital port, so you need a USB A-to-Mini B cable, assuming your computer has a USB A port.  No need for a "genuine" Canon cable. This is a highly available generic cable,  If not, you need the correct computer end-to-Mini B cable.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I found this article from Canon on how to connect any M-series camera to a computer.  I hope this is of assistance:  The specs I have seen are for type A to USB - IFC-200, IFC-500 cables.
Canon Knowledge Base - How to connect the camera to a computer using a USB cable (EOS M).

If all you want to do is to transfer photos to your computer, it is actually at least as a fast and simpler to shut down  your camera, remove the SD Card, put it into a card reader (internal or USB) and it will then appear as a removeable drive.  You copy the files across as you would any documents to the desired location.
When finished, check the transfer, use the Eject feature to remove the SD card, return it to the camera and then use the camera's command to format the card clean.  Don't just delete the files.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks, I usually do transfer using my SD card reader on my desktop, but it has failed to work any longer, and I can't find my card reader.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Do a search for "EOS M100 USB Cable" and saw images for the cable. Your camera has a USB-Mini-B digital port, so you need a USB A-to-Mini B cable, assuming your computer has a USB A port.  No need for a "genuine" Canon cable. This is a highly available generic cable,  If not, you need the correct computer end-to-Mini B cable.

Thanks, I will probably get a generic one using your helpful description of what I need.  I did an additional search at Canon just now for an "EOS M100 USB Cable", and it brought up some cables, but then the compatibility tab disappeared on them.  How strange and complicated.  You would think Canon could make their website way easier to use to search for an accessory for a Canon camera!

Snoopster
Apprentice

Hey all, I actually found a Canon cord on the Canon website after doing a Google search for one, and seeing the cord info on an eBay listing--interface cable IFC-400PCU, SKU 9370A001. They really need to improve their search engine here, in my opinion, so accesories are easier to find.  

normadel
Authority
Authority

The IFC-400PCU is just an A-MiniB cable. You can find this cable everywhere....try a Staples, drugstores, computer stores.....

I can remember when Canon included the USB cable with their cameras. Actually, not so long ago. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements