cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark II "No Signal" message from Elgato Cam Link 4

AaronF
Apprentice

Long time viewer, first time asker. I have an older 5D Mark ii and it has sentimental value to me, but I have to admit, its no longer my go to camera. Recently, I was asked to start recording some work related videos by my network, I am in agricultural development and I am somehow considered to be an expert in a specific supply chain, so I started looking into the best way to go about these videos. I came to terms with the Elgato Cam Link 4 because not only has it been highly suggested by people I know and trust, but it has terrific reviews. 

So here is the basic info: 

- I created a field bag that consists of a 2016 MacBook Pro 17" with great ram, and a great video card with Elgato's Camera Hub installed and up to date 

- I have my 5D Mark ii with several EF lenses (this is why I choose to use this camera because I have great lenses and nothing to use them for anymore) 

- Elgato Cam Link 4 with a brand new 15' Mini HDMI to HDMI 4K 60Hz 2.0 cord

Issue: 

- On Camera Hub is showing the "Canon EOS 5D Mark ii" but its stating 'no signal' 

- Settings on the Camera are currently at: Live View/Move Func. Set at "enable", AF mode is set to "Live Mode"; Movie Rec. Size is set to 1920x1080 {24} and the video system is PAL 

Can anyone help? Am I wasting my time with this? 

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try connecting your camera's HDMI output to a TV set and put in Live view mode. If you see a picture (video) on the TV, then your camera is fine and you should probably check with Elgato for help with troubleshooting their product.

alegxoff
Apprentice

Did you solve it?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements