cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duracell batteries not registering full charge in BG-E4 battery grip.

LocLocPhoto
Apprentice

Hello.

I suppose this is a heads up rather than a question.  I just purchased 2 new Duracell batteries for my 5D Mk 1 and noticed an issue.  When inserted in the Canon battery grip the new batteries only show 1 bar charge.  The old battery shows full charge in grip.  All batteries show full charge in the camera body without grip.  I’m an electronics service and repair tech so I checked batteries on a meter and they are all showing the the same voltage output.  Has anyone else encountered an issue using a grip?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Unfortunately, Canon cannot control or guarantee 3rd party product compatibility.  You would have to ask the manufacturer (Duracell) about that.  Compatibility might vary by manufacturer.  

The 5D mkI is 19 years old.  I don't think you can still get original bp-511a batteries, so third party is probably your only option.  Another brand might perform differently.  It sounds like your 20-year-old camera has had a good life.  Maybe it's time to retire it and replace it with something more modern.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements