cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Voltage on CB-2LC Battery Charger?

Tizzy
Apprentice

I'm going on a cruise that has 220 voltage.  Trying to avoid buying a converter.  Can I use the higher voltage with this charger?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Yes it should work on 220v, I have several and I live in NZ which is 220v.  There are two versions, 1 has a socket for a  power cable - in which case you need a cable with the correct plug for the ship's outlet

Where are you going on your cruise? 😎

2. If it has two straight prongs that fold away, then  you need an adapter - not a voltage adapter, but just one that changes the prong configuration.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Yes it should work on 220v, I have several and I live in NZ which is 220v.  There are two versions, 1 has a socket for a  power cable - in which case you need a cable with the correct plug for the ship's outlet

Where are you going on your cruise? 😎

2. If it has two straight prongs that fold away, then  you need an adapter - not a voltage adapter, but just one that changes the prong configuration.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks, Tronhard.  I LOVE New Zealand!  There a LONG time ago.

I'm taking Adventure Canada's cruise to far NE Canada (Nunavut) and the west coast of Greenland to fun study Inuit art.

I like Vancouver Island, too.  I spent an extra night/day there when I mistimed my trip to Tofino, BC and missed my ferry to the San Juan Islands. Loved the indigenous art on the Island and in BC. I've traveled extensively in Canada (and love it) including surviving as a passenger on the working ferry up the Labrador Coast and driving the Trans Labrador Highway. As in the U.S., I usually drive and often camp in my car. Lots more camera ops. Most of Canada done while living in Virginia and Missouri where I'm retired to now. But the first tours of Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes from Michigan. 

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Wow... That sounds great!  I have some interest in First Nations culture and would often visit the BC Museum and enjoy the local nation's cultural events.  I am glad to see that their cultures are having a renaissance.  I have dual nationality Canadian + NZ and lived quite a lot of my time in Canada on Vancouver Island - my favourite place in Canada.   

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements