cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC adapter/ battery replacement for EOS R7

xmedic9
Contributor

Anyone have a working DC adapter with the R7? There is a RFD DR-E6, and a DR-E6. On the R7 the C and T terminals are together next to the + and - terminals. All of the aftermarket DR-E6 adapters, that I have found, have the C and T terminals on opposite sides of the + and - terminals. The adds for these say that the placement doesn't matter, I don't think that's the case. I like to ask Canon support but, I can't break out of the endless loop on their website to even send an email, or chat with a support rep.dc.png

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forums.

If you are experiencing issues with third party gear, then ask the third party gear manufacturer about the issues.  Canon cannot take responsibility for third party gear being fully compatible.  Why should they?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I'm looking for information on the Canon DC adapter.  The problem I'm having with Canon support is contacting them at all about any issue from the Canon USA site. I can email Canon with ease from the Canon CA. site. Of course, I would not contact Canon for support on third party products.

“ I would not contact Canon for support on third party products. “ 

Except for the fact that you are either looking for support for third party products, or you are asking for proprietary design and engineering information.

The purpose of this forum is the exchange of helpful information, not snarky remarks.  Why bother waisting your time simply to be rude?

My apologies if you feel I am being rude.  I presented you with the facts.  Good luck.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The Canon sales team will be happy to answer any questions you have about Canon products.

800-385-2155.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

According to the Canon eStore site the DR-E6 is for the 7D, the R7 is not listed. 

The Canon manual for the R7 does list the DR-E6 as compatible.

According to Internet search the C and T terminals are used by the charger.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, that's most helpful. 

Announcements