cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LP-E6NH Battery Too Big for EOS R5

e_kirchman
Contributor

Hi, I just bought the Canon LP-E6NH 7.4V batteries, and they are supposed to be compatible with the R5.  But they're too big for my camera.  Can someone comment on this?  Are they in a case?  If so, how do I slide them out?  I'm not the most mechanical person in the world.  Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, so these aren't Genuine Canon batteries. ☑️

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

This battery was highly rated, though in the Amazon reviews.  

It's best to avoid Amazon for any type of electronics or accessories.   You have to really investigate if the parts are coming from a legitimate source; not worth the bother.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does LP-E6NH appear on the label of the battery? Maybe you were sent the wrong battery.

I purchased them from Amazon.  Canon BM-LPE6NH appears on the battery.

Purchasing from Amazon is no guarantee that a fly-by-night seller isn't shipping some garbage. An LP-E6NH or reputable aftermarket battery fits the R5, plain and simple.

If genuine Canon it too expensive, get Watson or Wasabi batteries from B&H Photo, direct from Wasabi. These are two top aftermarket brands.

If one is already spending thousands on Canon gear (which the R5 would definitely qualify), best to just get Canon batteries.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@e_kirchman,

Not the time to skimp out on genuine Canon gear.  Go to Canon USA or B&H and grab some Canon batteries for your R5.  👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

JFG
Rising Star
Rising Star

Amazon is an official Canon Authorized Dealer, however other sellers use the Amazon platform to sell their products. So when you buy from Amazon, make sure that it says :                                        Sold by Amazon     and                  Shipped by Amazon                                                 This insures that you are purchasing the product from Amazon and not a third party.  Amazon is a Canon Authorized Dealer.  Always check by scrolling down to see who the seller is : " Sold by _________ "  it will tell you who you purchased the product from.  I got my Canon camera and Lenses from Amazon and they are 100% Canon, with the U.S. Canon Guarantee and Canon registration forms.  Amazon's return and refund policy are great and easy.  If you receive a defective product they will replace or refund without a problem.   All the Canon equipment that I purchased are registered with Canon.  I don't purchase from third party vendors and if you do, first check their ratings.  I have been purchasing from Amazon for years and I'm pretty happy with them.

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams
Announcements