cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon BG-R10 Battery Communication Issue

aswilsonpvt
Apprentice

Hi All, I recently re-installed by BG-R10 grip onto my CanonR5 and I'm getting a battery communication error/"Is your battery a Canon" message. The grip worked well without any issues in the past. The battery is an authentic Canon LP6NH and came with the camera. If I insert the battery into the Camera, it is recognized. But, if it's in the grip, it thinks it not a Canon.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Not sure if it's relevant but I updated to Firmware 1.60 before the battery grip was re-installed. 

Any thoughts on how to resolve ?

Thank you !

20 REPLIES 20

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
I have multiple cameras with BG-R10 grips and none of them have issues.   I am pretty sure one cannot get firmware for a battery grip and the latest firmware for the R5 is 2.0.0, and I would recommend installing that first in any case.
It might be worth checking the condition of the contacts on the grip and also inside the camera in case something is covered or moved.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements