cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Pack LP-E6P compatibility with EOS R6 Mark II

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

Quick question on batteries... I need another backup battery for my R6 Mk ll, which I've been using the LP-E6NH, and an older LP-E6.  Called the local camera store to see if they had any of the Canon brand LP-E6NH in stock, and they told me they only had the LP-E6P, which is the new and improved replacement.

I had not heard of this battery yet, so I looked at B&H, which specifies that this battery is ONLY for the R5 Mk ll.  Went to Canon's web site to look, and it does not clarify that this is only for a specific camera.

Does anyone know if the LP-E6P will work in the R6 Mk ll?  

Gary

Digital: Canon: R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax: Spotmatic, K1000, K2000, Miranda: DR, Zenit: 12XP, Kodak: Retina Automatic II, Duaflex III
1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

There is a firmware update out for a bunch of cameras, including the R6II that allows it to use the new LP-E6P, so download that and you can use the new batteries.

Firmware Notice: EOS R6 Mark II: Firmware Version 1.5.0 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.
As per the description of the update:
1. Enables functions to be used without limitation in conjunction with the new Battery Pack LP-E6P. This makes it possible to shoot at the same continuous shooting speed as when using LP-E6NH. In-camera charging of LP-E6P is also supported.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements