cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX10 COLOR INTENSITY

vegasvic
Apprentice

I was recording indoor soccer this weekend. All the games color-wise were good until the last one.

A fairly large facility with good lighting, light colored walls, and faded red tile playing field. Tiles like you'd snap together and place on your garage floor. Just the playing field was red. The rest was concrete gray.

The last game I recorded the display showed a dark red floor and it made the screen and video dark.  Compared to my last camcorder it was an intense red.  It was red enough that my first thought after turning on the camera was "that's not right

Is there a way I can adjust intensity on the display and the recording?  I know when outside I can used the filters if its too bright, is there something like this for the color intnsity/accuracy?  I turned the camera off and back on just to see if that would do anything-nope.

Thanks

vic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What FW version are you running?  I'm asking because there were improvements to white balance in some of the more recent versions.  

There are also specific setting for white balance on page 65 of your manual:

vixiagx10-im4-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

If an incorrect setting or mode is selected, this can affect the overall rendition of colors.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What FW version are you running?  I'm asking because there were improvements to white balance in some of the more recent versions.  

There are also specific setting for white balance on page 65 of your manual:

vixiagx10-im4-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

If an incorrect setting or mode is selected, this can affect the overall rendition of colors.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I bought the camera in Oct 2020 and I did the updates that were availble then so I assume I have the latest version.

I have the manual in my camera bag so I'll have to keep the WB in mind if it happens again.  I just don't think I can replicate this weekend color issue.

Thanks

vic 

Announcements