cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PRINT app setup issues for iphone6 and MX882

androo987
Apprentice

Hi,

Previously, I used the Canon Easy Photo Print app with no issue printing from my iphone6 to my MX882. I now have the Canon PRINT inkjet/SELPHY app for the iphone6 (updated version?) and i have had issues locating my printer to even use this app. 

My printer is connected to my router and my android devices have no issue/problem printing wirelessly to my Pixma MX882. It just seems like my iphone6 can not locate the printer at all. 

Is there a reason my iphone can not find my Pixma MX882 on my router's SSID? Are there detailed instructions to setting up the printer with my iphone? 

Every instruction I click on in the app doesn't even list the Pixma MX882 as an option but merely states that the app is compatible and i should automatically see the printer.

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Double check to make sure that your iPhone is connected to the same network as the printer and your Android devices.  If your router uses both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, please connect your phone to the 2.4GHz network to access the printer.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I appreciate your reply however both devices are connected to the same 2.4GHz wireless network. I tried to use both 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands but still was unable to locate the printer with the iphone. 

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Hello.

If you continue to have difficulties with this issue, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements