cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF G40 immediately shuts down with Sony LANC

jobbruggen
Apprentice

Hi everyone, new to this forum.

A simple question about using a LANC connection for control of my CANON HF G40 and HF G30.

When I connect the Sony LANC to my G40, it immediately shuts down. Same when first power off, then connect, it immediately shuts down when I power on. I thought these LANC connection were standardized?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Job

IMG_7574.JPG

2 REPLIES 2

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

I think you will find that, as the controllers contain circuitry,  the protocols used by different manufactures are different. I used one of these controllers (from Ebay) with my G40 and it was specified as being compatible with Canon.Lanc Controller.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM and EF-S 24mm STM lenses - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 19.0.1 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

jobbruggen
Apprentice

Thanks, Yes, I opened the Sony LANC handle bar and there is a lot of circuitry in there!

But no battery (which I expected) so it is getting the power from the camera LANC socket. Makes sense.

Best is probably to sell the handle bar separately from the tripod.

Greetings,

Job

Announcements